Up to $100k For SolarVenti Projects In New Zealand
The New Zealand Government, under the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority, are providing grants for purchase and installation of SolarVenti products.
The program can cover up to 40% of the project’s costs, to a maximum of $100 000.
The funding is designed to demonstrate the potential of new, alternative energy products that are yet to be widely adopted in New Zealand.
The programme is open to businesses who want to either:
- install energy efficient and/or renewable energy technologies that are provided by EECA registered technology suppliers. Businesses engage with a relevant registered supplier, develop a demonstration project and apply for funding.
- implement an innovative energy efficiency or renewable energy process improvement opportunity themselves. In this case, businesses develop a demonstration project and apply for funding.
To qualify for funding, your project must meet these conditions:
- Reduce energy intensity or greenhouse gas emissions
- Be applicable to multiple businesses in a sector
- Be financially viable, with a reasonable payback period
- you will commit to having your project independently monitored and to promoting the project and outcomes.
In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- For technology related projects the technology must be commercially available and the technology supplier must first be registered with EECA
- For innovative processes projects, any process change must be proven
- You will commit to having your project independently monitored and to promoting the project and outcomes.
Projects must meet minimum cost-effectiveness requirements for energy benefits. Information on currently applicable criteria is available on request from EECA. We give priority to technologies that could be used on multiple sites and across sectors.
We will not consider projects that have already started or will happen anyway. We also won’t fund projects involving the following:
- residential products
- standard commercial lighting, including LED’s and office products
- solar hot water and photovoltaic panels
- electric light passenger vehicles (specialist electric vehicles may be considered)
- wind, hydro and marine electricity generation
- products under research and development.
Find out more here
Here at SolarVenti Australia, we service all of Australia, New Zealand, the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu.
For more information, contact SolarVenti Australia.